Visitor Visa

This type of visa is mainly for people who wish to visit Australia for a holiday/ recreation; or would like to visit friends and family. It can also be used for other short-term non-work purposes, which includes studying for fewer than 3 months. The Australian Visitor visa is of three main types:

  • Visitor visa (Subclass 600)
  • Electronic Travel Authority visa (Subclass 601)
  • eVisitor visa (Subclass 651)

Both the ETA and the eVisitor visas were introduced by the Australian Government to allow citizens of particular countries easier access into Australia. The eVisitor visa is free, and applications for it can be made online.

Basic requirements to be fulfilled as a pre-condition to applying for a Visitor Visa are:

  • Appropriate character and health requirements should be met
  • Sufficient assets to bear all possible costs during the stay in Australia; for which evidence might be asked for
  • Be debt-free towards the Australian Commonwealth
  • Be travelling to Australia as:
  • As a visitor
  • For business purposes (again, as a visitor)
  • To visit friends and family; and
  • On tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China

Depending on the conditions given in your visa grant letter, you/ the visa holder might be allowed to travel to and from Australia on single or multiple occasions until the visa has expired. For more details, please contact PFEC Global. We will lead you through every step of the system, making sure that you are well taken care of.

Frequently Asked Questions about Migration Services

I am currently studying in Australia, what are my options if I want to apply for Permanent Residency?
When it comes to migrating to Australia, there are different types of visas each with their own eligibility criteria. Most of the international students aim to apply for visa SC189 or SC190. Australian government has recently introduced another SC491 which may also lead to permanent residency. Each of these subclasses have their own requirements and the points to qualify for them keeps on changing from time to time. As this a complex topic so it is always better to take a professional advice. In order to discuss your prospects in line with the course you want to study, get an appointment at PFEC Global with one of our experienced migration agents who will be able to help you purely as per your personal circumstances.
At present, I do not have sufficient points to apply for PR. What are my options right now?
When it comes to the question “How many points I need for PR”, there is no definitive answer for this. Australian Migration Policies are very dynamic and things keeps on changing frequently. However, to see the last invitation marks, you can refer to Department of Home Affairs website where they continuously update the invitation points after their invitation rounds. Subsequently, if you need the human touch, PFEC Global has the experienced Registered Migration Agents who will offer to check your case, completely free of charge! As each case is very different from the next, we strictly advise you to book an appointment with us to get professional advice to help turn your life around!
Are there any possible risks to applying for a new course and student visa when I know that my TR is expiring soon? If so, what are they?
All Australian student visa applicants MUST fulfill the Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria in additional to other relevant critrea for the student visa to be granted. Moving from the subclass 485 visa to a student visa can be quite difficult for this very reason. You could try to minimize the risk by submitting your student visa application with a GTE statement that must show the reasons to choose the specific study program you have chosen in context of your past experience and your future career goals etc.
I am travelling on a Tourist Visa / Working Holiday Visa / TSS Visa; and would want to change to a Student Visa. Can this be done?
Most but not always, the answer is Yes. However, it is always a good idea to consult a registered migration agent to see if you are eligible to apply for a student visa on your temporary visa. But when you are, you cannot ignore the risk involved due to the GTE concern. Your visa application must be backed by strong evidence of your genuine intention to study. Each case must be handled on a case by case basis. Have more queries you need sorted out? PFEC Global has a line-up of the most amazing professionals in the business. So, if you have any doubts about what to do, call us to book an appointment today!
I am currently residing in Australia on a Student Dependent Visa and my spouse who is a primay applicant is undertaking a Master level program. Am I given complete work & study rights in Australia as someone’s partner/ spouse?
When the main applicant of the scholarship is studying in a Master’s or a Doctoral degree, their partner is free to work full-time, or with no limits.

Our Professional Memberships